EmmLabs DAC2X Ver.2 펌웨어 입니다.
V2 키트를 교환 후에 하는 펌웨어입니다.
DAC2X Firmware Update Instructions:
Before we start:
!! DO NOT USE TO UPDATE DAC2 OR ANY OTHER EMM PRODUCT EXCEPT DAC2X !!
1. Prior to doing any firmware updates you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your serial
number to request if the product needs any firmware update. You can also ask your dealer or distributor
about firmware updates for the product you have purchased. New products normally do not need to
be updated as they already have the latest software installed and there is generally 1 update per
year for any product.
2. If you are unfamiliar with Windows based systems or computers in general please do not attempt.
Please arrange with your EMM Labs dealer or distributor to have the product updated at their facility or
send the unit back to EMM Labs for service.
3. Please make a note of your product’s serial number. This is very important when doing firmware updates.
Use only the firmware specific to your product’s serial number. This is provided either with your update
package or sent to you separately by EMM support.
4. Use any Windows XP, Windows 7 or 8 computer system but make sure it has up to date USB drivers for
its USB ports.
5. DO NOT USE A MAC or OSX system to install the update.
6. Please reset or reboot your computer to make sure we start the installation process with a refreshed
system and all resources are freed.
7. The update files are compressed either using Winzip or Winrar. You can just download and install
Winrar from www.rarlab.com in order to uncompress the downloaded file.
8. Uncompress the zip/rar file and drag and drop the “DAC2X Update” folder onto your desktop.
9. If performing the update on a new computer previously not used for updating the DAC2X please
install the DAC2X USB firmware driver first. Locate the following folder “CP210x_VCP_Windows”
in the DAC2X Update” folder and depending on your Windows type (standard or 64-bit) you will
need to double click and run the USB firmware driver setup.
I. Double click and run the following setup file “CP210xVCPInstaller_x86.exe” to install the
standard USB firmware drivers.
II. Double click and run the following setup file “CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe” to install the
64-bit version of the USB firmware drivers if you running 64-bit Windows.
10. Only use the included “DAC2X_Update_Utility.exe” application to update the DAC2X.
11. Please reset or reboot your computer to make sure we start the installation process with a refreshed
system and all resources are freed.
1. Make sure DAC2X is turned ON.
2. Plug in USB cable from the computer to the DAC2X. Please see picture of the type of USB cable
needed, this is a common A/B type cable that is used to connect a computer to a USB enabled printer.
Please also note that the B type connector end of the cable must be plugged into the “Service USB” port
and NOT the “USB Audio” port of the DAC2X.
USB A/B Type Cable SERVICE USB PORT
3. Go into the “DAC2X Update” folder and launch new update utility called “DAC2X_Update_Utility.exe”.
4. Click the "Browse" button and select from the “Update Files” folder within the “DAC2X Update” folder the
included latest MCS update file.
5. As previously mentioned at the beginning of the instructions you need to install the appropriate firmware
depending on the serial number of your DAC2X. The firmware file included in the “Update”
folder/directory should have the format:
XXXX is the serial number of your unit and DD-MMMM-YYYY is the date of the firmware release.
6. Select a COM port from the drop down list. In most cases please select a higher COM port then the
default COM3 from the selection drop down box because this is usually reserved by the system.
7. Click the "Connect" button and you should see the Status box display a message as shown in the
8. Once connected, press the “Update” button.
9. You may have to select a different COM port depending on the computer and USB connection
you have. As per the example, we had to choose COM9 instead of the default COM3. You will
know this almost immediately because when you press the “Update” button, nothing will happen
and the “Status” box will not flash any messages telling you the update is taking place. In this
case press “Disconnect” then select a different COM port from the drop down list and try again.
10. Please note that it may take up to a minute, depending on the computer and resource allocation
for the Update Utility to start re-programming the DAC2X after you press the “Update” button. In
this time it will look like nothing is happening and there will be no message in the “Status”
window. Please allow at least a minute of inactivity before trying step 11.
11. Please REBOOT your computer to reset and free its resources if:
a. You only see the default COM3 in the drop down list and you cannot connect to COM3 or
nothing happens when you start the update. Please see step 9 and 10.
b. There are no COM ports listed in the drop down list for you to select.
c. You cannot connect or nothing happens when you press the “Update” button when you select
the COM ports listed in the drop down list.
12. Once the update procedure is working, DO NOT TURN OFF DAC2X OR INTERRUPT THE UPDATE
PROCESS. DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE COMPUTER OR DAC2X UNTIL THE PROCEDURE
IS COMPLETE. This may cause permanent damage to your DAC2X and it would have to be sent
back to EMM Labs for repair.
13. When done you will see the following in the Status box and the displayed instruction window to tell you
to reboot the DAC2X. Press the “OK” button then close the DAC2X update software.
14. To properly reboot the DAC2X; first turn the front panel button OFF then turn the back panel main power
button OFF. Disconnect the USB cables.
15. Reboot the computer if you are using the same computer to connect to the DAC2X for audio playback.
16. Turn the DAC2X on and reconnect the USB cable from the DAC2X USB Audio port to an appropriate
USB port on the computer.
17. The DAC2X should now be properly updated.